Our Courses after Covid19
Following HSE advice, asking Higher Education Institutions across the country to teach online from September the 28th and up to two weeks, the Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies is moving its Evening Language courses online, and will be updating registered students with the latest directions from UCC leadership.
Full term and conditions of our courses, contemplating the Covid-19 situation, are available to download here.
Measures we are taking
- Current approach – Fully online (running the whole course online and adding additional weekly personalised consultation times with teacher)
- In the event of classes running on campus in the future
- – Limiting the number of students that can register for each course.
- – Using more spacious venues to ensure social distancing.
- – Social distancing (2m) and mask wearing will be compulsory for both teachers and students while in the lecture hall.
- – Other alternative class formats:
- – Blended onsite/online classes (reducing the number of hours of contact and supplementing with online teaching)
- In any of these cases, online teaching will be live (not recorded material) ensuring dynamism and participation in the sessions, trying to replicate the traditional format as much as possible.